Tuesday 2 February 2010

Some Little Homemades


No.2 requested a padded case to protect her new pride and joy - her camera.  Well of course No.1 needed a case too for her ipod didn't she?  So on Saturday evening I made a couple of little cases for them.

The fabrics and buttons were all carefully chosen by them the day before (from their own stashes), and the plans were accepted.

They turned out quite well I think.  Now I need to make a camera case for my own camera.  Luckily it's exactly the same as hers.  Oh they still need to find suitable straps for their new cases.  That means a trip to Spotlight.  And a trip to Spotlight can only mean extra goodies will be bought!

Here is the tea towel bag I made as a sewing bag for the birthday girl.  As you can see it doesn't get much simpler than this.  I love this tea towel with the crochet trim and it looks so lovely all gathered under the handle.

No.2 was very delighted to see so many lovely birthday wishes especially for her from you lovelies.  And thank you ladies so much for the comments regarding her new quilt as well.  I know you know how long it took to make and just how much love and time was poured into making it.  It's a huge relief to have it finished.

Now how about another little mini transformation?  Oh great, I got the photos muddled up and you can see the after before the before, if you get what I mean!

Ah well, never mind.  Nice and simple and so very easy to keep tidy and weed free.  We really do have too much planted garden, so a few of these little patches will be so much easier to keep neat.

Have you seen these red pears before?  Aren't they just beautiful?  Of course I just had to buy a packet of them and they taste as good as they look.  And cheap too, always a good thing!

Well hubby is back to work today, poor man.  No.3 is back to kindy.  Big girls off to swimming lessons this afternoon.  It's the beginning of the new term for us unfortunately.  No more swanning around until 9am in our pj's.  Boo hoo!

But that doesn't mean an end to the renovations.  Oh no, the man is on a mission to transform another part of the house now.  Seems he's a bit sick of it looking grumpy too.  Next to be done is our bedroom, ensuite, and the little girls rooms.  Sounds large doesn't it?  He's decided to get some help this time.  Thank goodness I say.  I only hope the tradesmen do a good enough job.  I can see the red spot stickers on the imperfections already!!!  Aaaarrrggghhh!!!!!!!!!!

13 comments:

Donnelly said...

I love the camera/ipod cases; perfect. I also love the tea towel bag. I could so use one of these to carry maybe a little knitting or handquilting. Thank you for sharing. Have a great day!

Michela said...

How sweet that pink red gingham bag! Make the most of your children-free time! xxx

Floss said...

What a productive holiday you have had! Honestly, I'm amazed at what you've all managed to do. I never thought of cases like that, but I could do some quite good 'boy' ones in denim or camoflauge fabric, couldn't I? I shall get thinking...

Kate said...

I just love all those little cases you made. I love that they designed them and you made them to spec. They must be proud. The tea towel bag is gorgeous too. Happy late birthday to your 9 year old. I hope the sleep over went well.

Joan said...

Nice cases, and I especially love the butterfly button. What kind of place is Spotlight? Do you need for me to come over and help look for imperfections in the renovations? :)

Catherine said...

I love the cases and bag! Much inspiration has been received!

Jen Walshaw said...

Love the cases and thanks for the explanation on the stings (I think)!!

I have just made my mum a laptop cover for her hols

Croap Queen said...

Very cute Sarah. Gosh you have lucky little girls.

Jo x

Serenata said...

I don't know how you do it all Sarah, making bags, quilts, decorating, gardening etc... all very lovely as well.

Looking forward to reading about the rest of the transformations.

sallgood said...

Such cute and practical projects! You and your girls must have a great time together!! (And I just love the super cute quilt too!)

Mary Poppins said...

Wow, what beautiful pretties you have been making, I adore the sweet cases and as for the tea towel bag, I love it. Thank you so much for sharing. And the quilt on your previous post is fabulous :0)

Hugs

X

Bev C said...

Great little cases and I especially love the bag made from the tea towel. Have a wonderful day.

Lululiz said...

Oh heck, another project from your soon-to-be-published (?!?) " 101 projects for your tea towels" book. Brilliantly simple. And the little cases are cute, bet the girls were chuffed to bits.