Tuesday 23 February 2010

Scrumptious Colour


I'm surrounding myself in colour.  I love these softly coloured, but full of colour, test pots I've bought recently. These are the paints going in our bedrooms as feature walls.  I wonder if that green should come down a notch?  I like how they are similar hues, they go together as a family.

There will be a fair bit of painting to be done after the renovations.  I'm not allowed to help with the painting.  I understand why after I painted some paper to test the paints.  There is great skill to painting well and I don't have it.  Hubby does.  Isn't that lucky?

I can however, grow good vegetables.  OK they might not be quite as large as those you purchase from the shops, but they taste like they come from the earth.  My 81 beetroot are all awaiting bottling.  Yes, every little one of them survived.  I've managed to put it off for a couple of weeks now. 

Our dinner last night consisted of home grown roasted beet, carrots and potatoes.  The potatoes were a little teeny tiny, so we'll keep on waiting for them to grow.

May you all have a lovely day full of colour and freshness.  Fresh really is best and homegrown even better!

10 comments:

sallgood said...

Your colors are lovely! I think the green is perfect, as are your veggies! YUM!

corry said...

I like your colors a lot! I'm not allowed to paint either, and I don't mind. Your homegrown vegetables look so yummie and healty, well done!

VintageVicki said...

Can't beat homegrown stuff - looking forward to meals this summer made with produce from the garden.

I love those paint colours.

Luisa said...

What a great and healthy looking plate...can almost taste the goodness from here...
love your paint colours...espec the green, and blue.

Joan said...

The paint choices are marvelous. Be glad that the painting skills are not yours!

Michela said...

OMG..8-1 betroot!!! ..what about having a party?!
xxxxx

Lululiz said...

I love painting! DH usually does the prep work and I do the painting. Love the colours you have picked, though personally I would go for a slightly lighter, softer green.
I am so envious of your veggies! Home grown veggies, sigh, I dream of those. I remember my grandmother's vegetable garden as if I was in there yesterday ( more like, ermm, 40 years ago, lol ).

Unknown said...

I love the earthy taste of "real" beetroot , you are so right nothing beats homegrown , its just....better!

Bev C said...

Love those home grown veggies. Good luck to your husband with the painting,the colours you have chosen are lovely.

Kate said...

Sounds like you are doing a great job for your family by growing the most amazing vegies. Good for you! Leave the painting to someone else. XX