Thursday 11 February 2010

My Kind Of Day


I joined a Spring Surprise swap a while ago and have since been in communication with my lovely partner Willeke.  She is from The Netherlands and like me has girls, two of them.  Now I have 'met' another wonderfully creative person through blogland.  Goodness you really must go and visit her blog, her embroideries and sewing are just amazing!  There's a very pretty landscape scene she has stitched, something I've always wanted to try.  Perhaps this will motivate me to give it a go.

Well it seems we have a bit more in common.  She also has these two divine books.  Material Obsession 1 & 2.  Well perhaps I will be making her something from these books or perhaps I won't be?  Don't want to spill any secrets or anything.  Oh and no it won't be a quilt!!  We have a deadline and a quilt would be quite an impossible ask.  And it wouldn't fit in the required envelope either.

After kindy this afternoon we took my favourite road to the fabric shops.  Oh this would have to be my favourite outing out of any possible outing.  The little girls really behaved themselves and were treated accordingly.  Mother was also treated, as were the absent family members with colourful doughnuts.  Well my treat wasn't one of those glutenous things, more like sushi.  Mmmm.

Do you remember my Sim City report some weeks ago?  Well here are some updated photos...
Ooooh the lake has gone green!!!

I'm not sure if there has been much change in the buildings, but the roads are definitely up and running now.

Well just take a look here at No.1's fabrics for her quilt now!  She and I buy them whenever we see suitable red and aqua ones.  Well I found a very lovely range in today and bought five of them.  This is what we have gathered so far.  Not sure if they will all be used but I'm just keeping out of it a bit.  Girls have favourites even if they don't quite go!  Shhh, don't say anything!

And No.2 is gathering pinks.  Not for a quilt as she has one, but just to make lovely things.  Dreadful photos I know, but that's life sometimes in the big smoke.

I bought some very lovely fabrics as well, but it's one of those secrets that I can't tell.  Just in case 'you know who' is visiting! 

It's been a long and busy day today.  Very, very nice of course but I'm in desperate need of a cuppa.  You'll be pleased to know I have meat ready for cooking - quite an achievement for me.  That means some children will be happy with me and others will grump about the choice of meal.  You can't win all the time so I won't even try.  Personally I'll be happy, as a plate of greens will be refreshing.

7 comments:

. said...

The aqua and red quilt is going to be gorgeous! What beach is that in the last post? x

Serenata said...

I love the colours your daughter has selected for the aqua and red quilt. It is going to be lovely.

Luisa said...

I think it's lovely that you are letting your girls pick fabrics they like.
I have a friend who is making a lovely quilt from Material Obsesssion 1, it's going to have lots of appliqued flowers on it...
she rocks at quiling unlike me!
oh..and i visited your store the other day, and loved your aprons...esp the little birdie one.
You clever, chooky you!

Floss said...

I love the idea of gathering fabrics togtether as a family. Both sets look great, and those books really do look wonderful!

BTW, it has snowed here, lightly, and it's not very welcome. Just enough to set French transport off kilter without being enough to cancel school, so the boys are not impressed.

Lululiz said...

You naughty thing, using your girls and blog friends as an excuse to buy tons of new fabrics!!! Quite crafty really.

Have to say though that I like the selections you are showing us. Especially the pink, love the pink fabrics. You are so lucky to have girls to do all these things with. My granddaughters aren't quite old enough.

sallgood said...

I love both girl's collections!

Mrs. Cozy Home said...

Love your and the girls' fabric choices!