Thursday 13 January 2011

Flood Appeal Auction

Hello my dear ladies, and gentlemen (if any are looking), last night and today I spent many an hour on a little project.  My regulars may recognise this wall hanging from a while back.  But this new one is still unique with new fabrics used and other slight variations.  

I would like to auction this mini quilt wall hanging with all proceeds going to the Flood Relief Appeal to help out with the huge task of getting Brisbane back in order. 

We spent a few days in Brisbane, about the time the rain began actually, back in October when my brother was getting married.  It's very sad to see the places we visited now completely under water.  It was such a beautiful city and the river really did make it very special.  My brother's new family are experiencing huge damage to their own homes as well with metres of water entering their houses.  

Would you like to have this unique piece of art on your wall?  It's handmade using a raw edge applique technique and freemotion stitching.  Oh and apparently this little girl is also named Sophie, yes just like the other wall hanging.  No.4 insisted!  And may the skies of Brisbane look as blue as the ones in the wall hanging in the coming weeks.


Measurement of quilt 17" x 20",  100% cotton fabrics, batting and backing.  Can be cold water machine washed and line or tumble dried.

How this auction works:


1. Bidding will start at $40 (Australian).

2. You can place a bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount and email address.  Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder.

3. Your bid must be in whole dollar increments.

4. This auction is open to everyone.

5. The auction begins NOW and will END at 9pm (NZ time) on Monday 24th    January 2011.


6. At the close of the auction, I will contact the winner (please make sure your bid comment includes your email address). The winner will pay the winning amount directly into the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal and send me proof of payment via email. Once proof of payment has been received I will post your wall hanging to you.  Postage will be paid for by me.

7. Thank you for participating and happy bidding!  Your donation will make a big difference to someone.
 
Please note the time change for this auction.  Now 9pm not 9am.

23 comments:

Kate said...

Good on you Sarah! Your wall hanging is gorgeous. I think it looks a lot like Madeline, my girls watched it today. Hope you raise some seriously BIG BUCKS.

Lara said...

$45 - to get things started - it's gorgeous! Hope your brother is safe.

Off The Peg said...

Great idea! $60
hello@offthepeg.com.au

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Oh ladies, thank you so much. It's rather exciting, you should join in the fun!!

Unknown said...

Oh that is just so beautiful! It is so lovely to see everyone supporting the relief efforts.
$70
Sophie x
sophieisobeldesigns.bigcartel.com

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Gorgeous! $80!
bonjourmate@hotmail.com

Naturally Carol said...

How heart wrenching for your brother and his new family. I hope he gets plenty of help rebuilding his home and his life, with a sister like you to support him like this I am sure he will be fine though. I think Brisbane will take time to rebuild and be renewed and cleaned up but I am sure it too will be restored.

Priscilla said...

I'm so sorry about your brothers familys home, I have relatives in Brisbane too, but so far their homes have remained safe. I would like to bid $90.00
bphalliday@xtra.co.nz

EYE can make that! said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
melissa said...

$100 thanks Sarah
wayneandlou@westnet.com.au

Helen said...

$110! It's lovely!

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous!

$150

KerrieB said...

I would like to bid $160.00.
Thanks Sarah, it is beautiful.

email: kerrie_baas@hotmail.com

Marg said...

It really is gorgeous.

$170

Sarah said...

Oooh, it is so lovely. $185

sarahbendeich@iinet.net.au

Marg said...

$190, I still love it!

KerrieB said...

I still love it also. $200

Sarah said...

Me three!

$210

KerrieB said...

I really do love this. $250.00

Sarah said...

Fingers crossed! $265

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah - Red Gingham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Auction closed! Thank you so very much for every single bid. It's been a very successful auction and Sarah is our final winner. How funny we share names!