Come one, come all, to The Great Apron Swap of 2010
(That's twenty ten, so we all sound hip and modern)
Please use this photo below as your blog button if you fancy joining in. And why wouldn't you?
I found this marvelous book at the library this morning. Seems those lovely library ladies have been a spending lately on quality books for a change. Go library ladies!
I've found some very inspiring pics to tempt you into joining up. Who knows, you just might end up with a lovely pinny like this. I just have to tell you what the write up says: A charming full apron with a flurry of frills, which twists provacatively arund to the small of the back! Then there is talk of passion and spontaneity!!
My goodness will someone please make me one of these. Life in the kitchen would never be the same again. Goodness I'm getting all hot just thinking about it. Dearie me.
Or how about a cute little applique teapot? Spot the gingham bits?
Maybe you have a box full of ribbons and braid?
Or perhaps embroidery is your thing? Cross stitch on gingham is what my Great Grandmother used to do.
Or perhaps you could use up some of those pretty doilies or cloths? These flowers are just perfect for pockets.
So who's in? If you would like to join me in spreading the love in the kitchen, there are just a few little roley poley rules you need to follow:
- You must make, or buy and decorate one apron. Half or full, you might like to ask your partner which they prefer. Also check what size to make.
- You absolutely have to follow through on this, I don't want anybody feeling devastated over a lack of apron.
- Be creative. Add frills, crochet flowers, buttons, ribbons, applique, patchwork etc.
- You need to send me an email with your name, postal address and email address on it. You'll find my email addy on my profile.
- You don't have to have a blog to join in, but it would be lovely if those without a blog could email me a photo of your apron so all can see. I'm not up with those fancy flicker photo whatnots that others seem to have. Sorry, technology is not my thing.
- You have four weeks to complete your apron and send it off to your partner. Let's say 30 May.
- Please don't send any extras, it's more fair and even this way.
I'll leave you to ponder your decision. Yes is the answer by the way! Grab your blog button and link to this post please. Sign ups close on Sunday 25th April at midnight. Hang on, I'm not staying up that late! Make it that time approximately.