Friday 16 July 2010

Tea Party


Well we had our special 'T' Party last night and it was great fun for all.  The girls and I had spent many hours coming up with the perfect menu for the dinner.  We started the evening with a cold glass of Lipton ice tea.  I can't say it was very popular with all, but clearly the littlest one is a tea lover - well she is part English after all!

For starters we served chips, or crisps for you English lasses.  No we didn't cheat, the packet clearly stated Thick chips and Thin chips

The main meal was Terakihi fish, Triangle cut chips, with tomatoes and tomato sauce.

And on to the best part - pudding.  Treats of pineapple lumps (leftover from the movie earlier in the week), Toffee PopsTiny Teddies... 

Neenish Tarts, Tingles, Timtams...

Nana's Truffles with sultanas and covered in coconut...

and a special treat of Turkish Delight.  I love it, but clearly I was on my own.  Not to worry, I know how to polish it off.  It was a good chance for the girls to try a few new things.  Oh and I nearly forgot, the toffee apples I showed you yesterday!  They were a little tricky to eat but a lovely treat as we haven't had one for years.  I sure felt like a kid again muching on one. 

And the best way to finish off the lovely evening was to have a nice hot cuppa tea.  Just perfect.  We also gave out gifts.  Each person bought one gift for a chosen person.  I was given a very handy set of buttons from the bargain store - how handy.  And that bought us to the end of a terrific evening. I wonder what next year's letter will be?

Today I am trying out my bread maker for making marmalade.  Apparently it's easy.  Just cut your fruit and add sugar.  Well it beeped that it was finished but I don't think so!  It's back on for another cycle.  Has anyone had any success with this?

And at the same time a load of soup is on.  I'll be needing this with the wet, cold weather that is back today.  Still we won't complain, we've had it so good these holidays.

Well that's about me done for the day.  Hope you lovelies are all having a good day.  Bye for now, Sarah xx

11 comments:

Jo (sparkly green knickers) said...

I love you little 'T' party - especially all the treats!

I've made plenty of tasty jam (using berries, and rhubarb) in my bread maker, but never marmalade. hope it worked out!

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Well actually I'm not sure how it will taste. I slightly overcooked it! It's in jars, only two, and I added a bit of boiling water to moisten it up a bit. Sounds dreadful doesn't it?

Serenata said...

I'm sure the marmalade will taste great. Sounds like a fun - and perhaps slightly hyper inducing T party! Pineapple lumps - I just love those! Can't get them here...still probably just as well ;-)

Allana said...

What a scrummy T party!!

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

I just received this email from my mother and big girls (she has no idea how to leave a comment!):

We had a fantastic 'T' party. Now
i have to get No.1 and No.2 grandaughters into the shower and into bed.

My gift was sooooooo funny a head towel for after i have washed my hair. Love From Lucyxxx

My gift was a bottle of glittery blue nail polish from #3-how thoughtful!!!!Love From #1 :):):)

Nadine said...

Very creative T party...very cool idea, I'm with you on Turkish delight, YUM!!!!

Heidi said...

Oh what a party...I bet it was a blast, take care.

DEBBIE said...

Hi Sarah,
Everything looks so yummy!
Tea parties are great fun, aren`t they!

DEBBIE MOSS

Amanda Makes said...

Sounds like fun Sarah! I'm with you on the Turkish Delight. Did you save me a bit? Love, Amanda xxx

Unknown said...

Just popped by to say hello!! What alot of delicious treats!! I have a bread maker that I haven't used yet...let me know how your marmalade turns out.. I may give it a try..haha..after I have made the bread of course!!! Look forward to reading more posts.
Karenxx

Unknown said...

T riffic T party !