Friday 25 March 2011

Generous Ladies

I have 32 little presents so far for Christchurch children, and nine dishcloths. I'm expecting 11 soft toys so that puts the total up to 43, and more dishcloths as well. Blimmin fantastic I must say!!

Thank you ladies all so very much for your very generous 'Gifts of Love". They will be appreciated and loved immensely I'm sure. I have bought some lavender that arrived yesterday so I will make some little lavender filled toys as well. I know Cat has had a big bundle of dishcloths arrive at her house, so I imagine that number is looking pretty good too.

Look what we can do when we all help out a little. I must say it was a little like Christmas this morning when I got to open two parcels of treasures!  Such fun.


So first up we have this fabulous toilet bag/pencil case from Megan.  I adore the lining of course!


Then we have some very fancy dishcloths, a rather cute hat...

and two pretty scarves from Luana.  Some very lucky ladies and little girls will be receiving those gifts.

And last but not least, some colourful dishcloths all the way from Australia.  Thank you indeed Tiffany!  (Do you have a blog my dear?) 

And now I really must get my umbrella and coat on and pick my little girls up from school.  See you later! xxx

15 comments:

sweet emmelie said...

You sure are doing a fine thing there Sarah!

dutch sisters said...

So sweet you're doing all this!

Anonymous said...

Wow this is amazing - thank you and thank you. This will be SO appreciated. I am keeping it a secret but you can bet it's just bursting inside me with excitment!!! YES it is wonderful

Unknown said...

This is really exciting!!! My hats off to you!!!
Have a great day!!!
Chris :o)

nz green buttons said...

Can't wait to hear how the mums and kids enjoy all the goodies. What a great thing you are doing.

TK said...

oh I am so glad the dishcloths made it....yes I do have a blog....just my scribbles really: http://tk-tiffanyk.blogspot.com
I understand the umbrella and coat for school pickup as we have had lots of rain this past few days here in Adelaide. Wishing you a beautiful weekend, TK xx

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your collection is going well. Your story absolutely haertwarming

Kate said...

Wow Sarah, what a wonderful thing you are doing for those poor families. How fantastic to be given a lovely hand made gift when your world has been turned up side down.

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Gorgeous gifts from such clever ladies!

Scrummy Scrapz aka Lizzie said...

It gives one such a good feeling when you know that there are a lot of generous caring peops out there as you never know when you need a hand in some way or another x

Unknown said...

Hi Sarah ,what a lovely blog you have ,and what a great thing you are doing .I have just joined blog land and am looking forward to the journey.

Knicky Knacks said...

Well done to you. What a great effort by all. The people of Christchurch will be very appreciative I'm sure.

Michaja said...

You have been collecting great things Sarah!

Rosie said...

Hi Sarah,
I have been away and out of touch with lovely blogs like yours. I am still away but would love to help with this wonderful appeal. Will be home first week of April so can send some things then.
X Lucy

anyaadores said...

You are so kind doing this - lovely.
A xx