Tuesday 30 November 2010

Fancy a Cuppa?

What a wonderful weekend we've just had.  Saturday was the annual village Santa Parade which was full of all the usual delights.  Bands playing, kids dancing, floats and of course it ended with Santa himself.  The girls thought it was really fantastic, I just don't see what they see, clearly.  Perhaps it's age!  Anyway speaking of age, I've just turned 29... well you can add ten years to that if you really have to, but my mind is still at 29 thank you! 

Fancy a cuppa from my fancy new teapot ladies?  Isn't she a beauty?  Oh yes that's a new CK cup too.  I've can even offer you a slice of birthday cake, it's calorie free of course for you ladies who were about to say no!   Seriously, what birthday cake isn't?!!  And because I'm so nice I'm going to let you eat my last mint chocolate - they are the best in the box.

After you've eaten we'll have a gander through my new craft books.  Gosh they are wonderful, full of lovely ideas.  I wonder what you'll want to make?

My thank you letters are going to look grand if I can part with these little CK treasures.  All the way from the UK just for me!  I adore the little envelopes and stickers.

And how about we plan a new quilt with all my new fatties?  I would think it would be very pretty in the lovely Sugar Flower range.  I must cut some squares out first so I don't get too excited and use it all up.  The others were especially chosen by my little girls.  Didn't they do well?

Gosh I do enjoy my birthdays.  Hubby excels himself every year.  I get so many thoughtful gifts, way more than I'd ever choose for myself.  I felt so spoilt all day Sunday, even though my birthday wasn't really until Monday, but who wants a regular work/school day on their birthday?  Hardly any time for pampering with the family out most of the day.  My parents put on a very lovely dinner for me with all the local family present.  Very nice with my favourite meal served - roast lamb!  Thank you dearest mother for my lovely pink peonys too - they are opening out beautifully.

I've managed to get all the girls to write their Santa letters already.  I find it a good thing to get out of the way early and it's great that Santa knows what they want in plenty of time so he can put the appropriate gifts aside.  We don't want the girls missing out now do we?  The littlest one wrote hers with my help yesterday.  She not into writing but it turned out alright in the end.  It was a little hairy for a while!  And the eraser she's asking for is the pricey sum of $2.50.  What else does a fourth girl need? 

Well I must be off now.  Got to do the kindy thing soon and then do a bit of shopping for my cookie exchange on Thursday.  Exciting times are ahead!  I'll be back soon with some new makes.

27 comments:

- said...

Happy Birthday to you! All sounds well in your little Red Gingham world and the Santa letters are sweet.

Lisa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!I just love all your gorgeous gifts.... Big hugs for 39 years! Lisa

sallgood said...

Happy happy birthday Sarah dear,
Happy days will come to you all year!
If I had one wish then it would be
A happy happy birthday to you from me!
(These are the words to a children's birthday song, but since you're so YOUNG, I think it's okay!!) :D

BubzRugz said...

Happy Birthday..... 29 is such a nice age to be.... lovely gifts and glad you enjoyed your day
Hugz

Naturally Carol said...

Happy Happy Birthday, to you! Your gifts are wonderful, I love your new teapot, I haven't seen one like it! I congratulate your family on their good taste in fabrics as well.

Andi said...

Happy birthday!!!!

Anita said...

Happy Birthday to you beautiful Sarah! All the good things that came your way on your birthday are well deserved. I posted a couple of pics of the stocking you sent me in Selina's Flickr group. Hope that's OK. Again, big, bright, flowery birthday wishes from Anita and the boys. xxx

magpie chic said...

Happy birthday Sarah.Perfect day indeed.
Luv Jacqui

Megan said...

happy birthday sarah, what absolutely lovely pressies, you are going to have a lot of fun with all those fat quarters!

Deb said...

Oh my gosh, what amazing presents!! Those fabrics are GORGEOUS!!! Happy happy birthday for yesterday.

Unknown said...

Awww bless her what a sweet letter ;-) Happy birthday sounds like you had a smashing day. I love the look of the books and your gorgous fabric ohh that will make a lovely colourful quilt. Enjoy all your lovely new things. Dee x

Amanda Makes said...

Happy Birthday dear Sarah! Glad you had such a great day! I love your new fabrics! Your girls have great taste! Lots of love, Amanda xxx

VintageVicki said...

Happy Birthday Sarah - wow looks like you had a great day. Gorgeous fabrics - look forward to see what you make with them.

I hope Santa grants Sophie's wish :)

Me and Ma said...

Happy birthday Sarah, you have a lovely pile of presents there, I would be intrested to see what you think of the books, they look great...

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Glad you had a great birthday, and that Santa letter is too cute. A rubber, that is so sweet!

Lululiz said...

Darn, didn't realise it was your birthday. Happy belated Birthday, my dear, and I am so glad you had a fabulous time. Gooooooooooooorgeous pressies, you must have been over the moon. Big birthday hug xxx

Wendy said...

happy birthday! didn't you get some great presents? I love the look of the Scandinavian Stitches book, but I've resisted buying it so far - is it good?

Serenata said...

How could you sneak in your birthday like that?! Glad you had a lovely day, fabulous presents and a very big belated happy birthday.

Great little Santa letter, isn't she sweet.

Oh and have you noticed a little countdown on my blog yet? ;-)

LissyLou said...

Happy Birthday - lovely post x

A garden just outside Venice said...

Happy Birthday Mrs! Hope you had a fab day xxx

Croap Queen said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! Lovely pressies and a lovely day by the sound of it. 29? Again? I'm only 21 and have been for several years now.

Jo xx

roseroomnz.com said...

Hi Sarah! I am doing a big blog catch up, I see I have missed heaps on yours! A belated happy birthday to you:) Love the teapot and Sophie's letter, a Smiggles rubber, bless her! Actually Smiggles drives me insane!!! lol Rachaelxo

Michaja said...

Happy birthday!!

. said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I didn't reply to your email but I am pants at checking that bit of the computer. The retro fair was packed and the prices charged for some of the stuff was extraordinary... worth a look though, it'll be on again next year I'm sure, x

Roscia said...

Happy birthday

Scented Sweetpeas said...

Happy birthday, those gifts look fantastic! I am forever 25 in my head - fab age :-)

Heidi said...

Oh Happy Happy day, you deserve to be spoiled your such a sweet heart...I love your cup and pot!